... By the time the clock ran out, every single inch of my body, you guessed it... burned.
If you didn't get into CFL yesterday, let me enlighten you.
The WOD was 'Death by Burpees,' for 12 minutes, and then immediately went into a 10 minute AMRAP of 10 box jumps, and 10 kettlebell swings.
There was no rest in between.
As soon as minute 12 rolled around, Jen was all..."OKAY B!TCHES! ON YOUR BOXES!!"
Okay, she might not have said that... but in my brain, she sounded like a drill sergeant.
I walked up to my box, and laughed.
I couldn't help it.
The very thought of me picking my body up off the ground and onto that box via jumping was down right hilarious to me in that moment.
I don't think I could have jumped over a PVC pipe, let alone up onto a box.
If you are new to CrossFit, and you're still a little intimidated or scared to draw attention to yourself, I will let you in on a little secret.
As long as you don't have a heavy weight on your back, and you're not spotting someone that is lifting... it is okay to laugh if you want to.
I mean, obviously be respectful, and don't be a lunatic hyena in the back of the Gym; but if you want to laugh at how ridiculous this thing called CrossFit is... go for it.
I do it all the time.
Let's face it, some of the stuff Jen puts us through is pretty comical.
Sometimes while I sweat it out on the mat, I wonder if she was in a bad mood when she programmed some of the more difficult WODs we do.
And then inevitably, I will laugh.
That's why I CrossFit and not run on a treadmill in a Globo Gym... because what we do is fun, and it's okay to laugh.
Take this picture of Erin and Matt.
Matt is laughing at his wife as she over exaggerates a Chest to Bar pull up.
Erin is flying over the bar like a spider monkey, and even though she is working hard, Matt has to laugh because, well... she looks pretty ridiculous.
Or this picture of Marnie, running her millionth sprint of the day.

I would bet my life she is thinking, "This sucks so much it's funny."
Members gravitate towards Jen as a Coach because she has a good time torturing us.

People! Those in the back! In the corner!
Listen Up!
It's okay to laugh once in awhile...
This is supposed to be fun!
Plus, it beats crying!
Pssstt... If you haven't yet, be sure to check out yesterday's blog post to read The CFL House Rules!

No comments:
Post a Comment