Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Making It Work
I have a confession to make: I stalked CFL for a full year before joining.
I researched CrossFit for months, and knew I wanted in.. bad.
My regular (kind of half hearted) workouts just weren't giving me what I needed.
IF I could motivate myself to get to the gym 3 days a week, I felt pretty good about it... but I didn't have a passion for it.
Nor was I seeing any real changes in my body.
The more I read about CrossFit, the more I convinced myself that I would find the motivation I needed, if I could just give it a try.
But... I had read enough to know that CrossFit wasn't cheap... and I knew my husband wouldn't go for it.
When a discounted rate popped up, I jumped at the chance to give it a try.
I have to admit, I was a little nervous.
I knew once I tried it there was no going back and how was I going to get my husband on board??
(I should probably mention that my husband is a super nice guy, just careful with how we spend our money).
Anyway, I went for a month at a discounted rate, tricking myself into thinking I could boost myself physically before returning to my old gym.
By the second week (really the first day), I was not sleeping because I knew I had to have this in my life.
I did not know however, how I would convince my husband that it was worth the costly membership.
We have two kids and I am a stay at home mom, so we need to be careful, I understand this
I played all kinds of scenarios in my head, "how could I continue at CFL ?"
By the last day I was freaking out!
And then, as luck would have it... my husband decided I should continue, and all my worries were for nothing.
"One month at a time," he said, "Let's see how it goes", with the hopes that I will be working soon anyway.
This practically brought me to tears, tears of joy, of course.
He saw a change in me mentally and physically.
I am pretty sure, you couldn't miss it.
My loved ones were getting tired of me explaining the workouts everyday like an obsessed person .....but I couldn't help it, I was feeling so accomplished, and more like myself than I had in a long time.
They couldn't shut me up, CrossFit was all I could talk about.
Lucky for me, my family and friends have all noticed the positive changes in me, and are very supportive.
Since starting at CFL, my priorities have changed in other areas of my life as well.
I stopped spending money on stuff we really didn't need anyway.
I am at the gym as often as possible, and hate missing a WOD... which I consider gifts to myself.
I am also learning about nutrition... all this time I thought I was eating correctly, boy was I wrong!!
For the first time since having my boys, 9 and 6 years old, my stomach has become less bloated and smaller!
I wore a bikini this summer for the first time in 10 years (might have jumped the gyn on that, but wanted some sunshine on my tighter tummy!)
I feel better than I have in a very long time, and it is only the begining.
At 41 years old, I feel better than I did at 31... all because of what I am learning from the coaches at CFL.
I needed CrossFit in my life, and the changes have been easy for some reason... maybe because I was so ready for them.
This place and it's members want to see you succeed, you can feel the support everyday.
--- Jen DeIulis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment