Hey CFL peeps. Here is a little pull-up program that I came up with.
It's not perfect and is written as a one size fits all.
I'm open to customizing it based on skill levels, or injuries if need be.
Gymnastics play a strong roll in Crossfit.
Most of our workouts have a gymnastic movement in them.
That means that there is a body weight movement in the workout.
You may not realize it, but a push up is a gymnastic movement.
When we take a movement from the floor onto the PUB, or to the rings, or freestanding, gravity becomes even more of an issue by pulling us down.
Learning and gaining the ability to control your body weight through a range of motion (ROM) can be a very empowering achievement.
In our quest to get pull-ups (either kipping or deadhangs) there is a process, a progression.
I care very much how you get there.
It's cheesy I know, but building a strong foundation of strength and body awareness within the movement, will add to your ability to do the movement well and for a long time.
I will also be writing up an Intermediate Skill Development Program for those of you that are a bit farther down the road with your pull-ups! Check out the program at the link below, and come to me with questions!!!
Legitimus Pull Up Program
-Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment