Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Q & A with KJ

Today's member spotlight features Kaity Jo Bryll; known at Legitimus as "KJ".

KJ swam for her college swim team, and is a strong and easy to coach athlete.

Her competitive spirit, and easy going attitude fit in wonderful with the laid back environment at Legitimus, and we are so happy to have her around!!


Q: How long have you been Crossfitting?

A: I started in July of 2012, and I have come a long way since then! I am stronger both mentally and physically, and love the fact that I am in an actual box, with a real Coach to push me... because I used to CrossFit on my own.

Q: Where did you do that?

A: I did interval training on my own at a local gym beginning way back in 2003. I eventually started taking WODs off the CrossFit main site, but it wasn't working out as well as I hoped. There was limited space, and equipment, plus people looked at me funny.

Q: Where do you work?

A: I currently work in Sales / Marketing at Cigna in Bloomfield, I've been there for five years.

Q: Do you have a favorite wod or movement??

A: I love obstacle WODs! My all time favorite is one from last summer, when we had to put a kettle bell, atlas stone, and bumper into a wheel barrel and run it up and down the parking lot!

Q: What do you like most about CrossFit?

A: I get bored easily, so I love that CrossFit is always changing, it keeps me interested and excited!

Q: Anything you don't like??

A: I honestly can't say I hate any particular movement. Don't get me wrong, there are times where I'm swearing at myself during a WOD, but that's the beauty of it. CrossFit pushes you to WANT to be better.

Q: What do you do when you're not CrossFitting?

A: I love outdoor events! This summer I'm looking forward to the 5k Color Run in Hartford, The Winding Trails triathlon series in Farmington, and The 5k Rugged Maniac obstacle course. Come join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment