Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Adopt a CrossFitter

In 2007, Adam and I hosted our first Thanksgiving dinner at our home in Virginia Beach, where he was stationed with the Navy.

On a whim, (and because I didn't want to cook a whole meal for just the two of us), I put a call out to every sailor we knew in the area: If they needed a place to go, our door was open.

Fifteen sailors showed up for turkey that Thanksgiving.

Our home was a melting pot of ranks, religions, colors, and backgrounds. We had sailors from both coasts, ones just out of boot-camp, and ones who had been in for 13 years.

We had an amazing time with new and old friends, and vowed we would forever open our door to anyone that needed a place to celebrate.

And so, I ask you, the Legitimus members, if everyone has a place to go this Holiday?

We at CrossFit Legitimus are nothing if not family.

And with family, there is always room for one more.

I know for certain there are countless members that would gladly pull up an extra chair, and
throw an extra plate on the table, for anyone that needs a place to sit their butt this Thanksgiving.

Please don't hesitate to ask, and if you are willing to open up your home to others, please mention so in the comment section below, or on Facebook.

If nothing else, it'll give our kids the chance to bother someone else for a change.

1 comment:

  1. Sure. We'd be happy to have a crossfitter come. Jen or Brian knows how to get in touch with us.
    --Charlie DeWeese--

    ReplyDelete