I was resistant to going Paleo.
I did not see anything wrong with the way that I was eating.
I ate fairly healthy; oatmeal, yogurt, salads, and I limited my sugar intake.
I didn't understand how I could be any healthier; all of the things I was eating were supposed to be "good" for me.
Then came the Paleo Quest.
I figured, sure I can do this for 90 days and then go back to the way that I normally eat.
There is no going back. I am hooked!
At the start of the challenge I was told that I would "just feel better".
It's true, I do.
I feel healthy and clean.
I do have my cheat days and I can notice a difference in how I feel after eating something not paleo.
It's almost like my body is trying to reject it or at least make me feel uncomfortable so I won't eat it again.
Eating paleo was challenging in the beginning.
I wanted all those processed foods back in my life. It took awhile, but slowly I started to realize that I didn't miss them.
I realized I could still have my beloved burger, and as a bonus I could still have bacon on it- turns out I didn't need all that bread!
I even experimented with a few paleo recipes and now I have shredded coconut and almond flour in my cabinet and walnut oil in my fridge!
I would never have thought that I would get to this point, but I'm happy that I did.
It definitely helped to have a support system and I'm grateful that I had such a fantastic PM.
I cringed when I first heard that eating Paleo isn't a diet, it's way a life. But now I know without a doubt that it is indeed a way of life.
By: Courtney Grant
(PS.... Props to Coco for getting her first pull up!!)
Courtney....you are the greatest! Way to go!
ReplyDeleteI think it was the Paleo Quest that boosted your work in the gym and gave you your first unassisted pull up! Awesome job Coco!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome work CoCo... You look amazing and you rocked the pull up! You are an inspiration!!!
ReplyDeleteLove that you keep it real and tell it like it is!
ReplyDelete--Arell --