
I have tried every weight loss fad out there.
I've counted points, calories, and eaten pre-packaged foods... all of which led to weight loss.
However, it did not lead to a healthier me.
I felt better about myself because I was thinner, but I surely wasn’t stronger, and my health was definitely questionable.
I was irritable at the foods I couldn’t eat, and I was tired on a daily basis.
All I thought about was food.
So when the Paleo Quest was announced, I had my doubts.
Ninety days seems like an eternity when I was faced with the idea of not eating my favorite foods; no milk, ice cream, peanut butter, cheese, bread and the ultimate… no diet coke!
I feared I wouldn’t be able to make it.
I feared I would fail.
Then I decided regardless of what happened… I would try.
I took it one day at a time.
Some days were easier than others, some days were down right hard… but in the end, it was the best thing I have done for myself (except for joining Crossfit Legitimus, of course!)
After 90 days of following a Paleo lifestyle, I am healthier than I have been in years.
I don’t think about food all day.
I know what I can eat, and I eat it without worry.
I even have what I need stocked in my kitchen, office and car!
I have not had a significant weight loss on this 90 day journey, but I have seen positive changes in my body and ultimately that is what it’s all about.
I’m stronger, healthier, and I feel good in my clothes.
I've also learned an important lesson; it’s not about weight loss, it’s about living a healthy, strong life.
Thank you to my PaleoMate, Julie, to the amazing Paleo Peeps at CFL, and to one of my favorite people in the whole world, Jen!
This has been an amazing journey for me and I can’t thank you all enough for all that you've done to support me!
By: Peg Bruno
No comments:
Post a Comment