Thursday, December 8, 2011

Liz Getz It




When Coach Jen challenged me to eat Paleo style for 30 days, I was definitely skeptical. I did know, however, that I could stand to loose a few lbs and perhaps get in better shape. Ever since my back surgery in 2003 my weight was up and down and I felt like I was always going to bed on Sunday nights pledging: “Tomorrow I will start my diet…for real this time”.

My guess is the stars aligned one mid-May day last spring and I took the plunge into the Paleo lifestyle of eating. Reading the Paleo Solution really sold me on “WHY” I was choosing to eat this way. The health benefits alone are convincing, but when my workouts improved with greater intensity and results, I was a pretty happy girl. I was a size 8/10, med/large tops. Now, I am 4/6, I just bought my very first size small dress!!! Say it isn’t so!

I have been eating Paleo since then and haven’t turned back. My motto used to be “I live to eat”, now that has changed to “I eat to live”. Self-Loathing Sunday nights are a thankfully a thing of the past. I don’t think about what I am eating or how much anymore. I just eat with out regret. I hardly ever weigh myself. My meltdowns standing in front of my closet trying to figure out what to wear are long gone too….Thank God!

Recently, I saw my before and after pictures and was amazed at the change in my body in 30 days time. The before picture isn’t something I really wanted to put out for public scrutiny but I guess that’s the point! I have never felt better or have been in better shape.

Now the mushy stuff: Coach Jen was instrumental in my turn around. She was there for me (and still is) at all times and still supports me in my fitness/health goals. She is a wealth of information and very excited to share it. I feel very fortunate to have our paths cross! Gaga is a godsend for me!



By: Liz Getz

1 comment:

  1. "........and my biggest thanks go to my friend Sue who told me I would rock at Crossfit and it would change my life. She's amazingly wise and has good taste in dance music."

    ReplyDelete