I love watching the new people that come into Legitimus everyday. It is awesome to see the fear in their eyes. The way they gulp as the door slams behind them, and they are left alone with Jen.
I remember that feeling all too well.
Crossfit is a whole new ball game. No one is scared to walk into yoga. Crossfit makes you feel alive in a whole new way; kind of like bungee jumping, or taking a tequila shot with mayonnaise in it. You know something crazy is about to happen, you don't know what it is, but you like it.
Last night I watched new members Julie and Vadushi plow their way through one of their first metcons. I saw in them, what each of us has felt in the past. They pretty much wanted to die, kill Jen, and then die again.
New people are always giving Jen, "eff you" eyes. Like "Get the hell away from me you skinny, screaming, strong maniac."
To be honest, I still give Jen the eff you eyes too. I think we all do. It's only natural. She is, after all, pushing us beyond what we consider our own physical limitations.
I watched as Julie and Vadushi meticulously completed every rep. They stopped only to breath (don't cha hate when that happens?), and then continued to forge ahead. That workout was intense on any level, but they didn't give up. They were probably nowhere near their comfort zone, but they kept at it.
I cant be sure, but I think I saw Vadushi laugh to herself at one point; like, "What the hell am I doing here? This is insane."
And then it was over. They finished.
They looked at the clock, held onto their water bottles for dear life, and smiled.
When they could breathe; I heard them tell Jen they felt awesome, they loved it, and they'd be back for more.
I remember that feeling all too well.
Crossfit is a whole new ball game. No one is scared to walk into yoga. Crossfit makes you feel alive in a whole new way; kind of like bungee jumping, or taking a tequila shot with mayonnaise in it. You know something crazy is about to happen, you don't know what it is, but you like it.
Last night I watched new members Julie and Vadushi plow their way through one of their first metcons. I saw in them, what each of us has felt in the past. They pretty much wanted to die, kill Jen, and then die again.
New people are always giving Jen, "eff you" eyes. Like "Get the hell away from me you skinny, screaming, strong maniac."
To be honest, I still give Jen the eff you eyes too. I think we all do. It's only natural. She is, after all, pushing us beyond what we consider our own physical limitations.
I watched as Julie and Vadushi meticulously completed every rep. They stopped only to breath (don't cha hate when that happens?), and then continued to forge ahead. That workout was intense on any level, but they didn't give up. They were probably nowhere near their comfort zone, but they kept at it.
I cant be sure, but I think I saw Vadushi laugh to herself at one point; like, "What the hell am I doing here? This is insane."
And then it was over. They finished.
They looked at the clock, held onto their water bottles for dear life, and smiled.
When they could breathe; I heard them tell Jen they felt awesome, they loved it, and they'd be back for more.
And that is a beautiful thing; eff you eyes and all.
By: Arell Nankervis