Friday, January 27, 2012

Sleep


What are you doing to get yourself the sleep you need?

This comes up again and again.

I will continue to push this question, and the reasons behind it.

Getting lots of quality sleep is the key to recovery and to having better more productive days...

But for whatever reason, I find that people make as many excuses for their sleep issues, as they do for their food issues.


I'm not talking about taking some magic pill to get your REMs, or some elixir juice that puts you into a coma.

I'm talking about flat out sleep, lay down, shut down, sleep.

The most common thing I hear is that between kids, work, and stress, "I just have to unwind before I go to bed, so I watch TV."

Turn it off, turn you off. Close your eyes and see what happens.

Maybe you struggle, but don't give up just like you don't give up on your fitness.

If you can't sleep, stretch do a few yoga moves relax.

There are other things you can do to get more sleep and it's very healthy!

Have more s_ _ ... really!

I'd like to suggest talking with your significant other about a sleep plan so that both of your can get more rest.

I'm not a parent and so I'm not trying to speak outside my knowledge, I'm probably pretty clueless about this...

... But it seems to me, I see some parents in our gym working together to get to their WODs and it's encouraging to see, I give huge props to working as a team like that.

Naps are like gold!

Take them when you can, you'll get more done then if you did not!


Last night I was up from 3am to 4:30am it was frustrating, I'm going to take a nap today.

Why was I up?

Because I woke up and did the dumbest thing ever...looked at FaceBook, saw that a friend was going through a hard time and just could not get back to sleep...stupid!

Today I'll have nap time and I guarantee I'll feel better after.

I know some of you can't take naps, so you either find a way to got to bed early or sleep later.


Sleep is the anti age fighter, it's the best recovery, it's the mood stabilizer!

Commit to more sleep!

(Read more on sleep here.)


- Jen Conlin



No comments:

Post a Comment