
Be on the look out in the coming weeks for some "Tips of the Day," from Coach Jen.
She is too bashful to talk about why we should actually really listen to her, so I'll do it for her:
Jen has been my Coach for 18 months... for 9 of those months I was pregnant.
I wouldn't trust my growing unborn child to just anyone; Jen took special care with me... if I had a question and she didn't know the answer, she looked it up, she asked around, she found it.
That's just who she is.
Jen has been Coaching for a long time; if you look around the gym, the seasoned CrossFitters listen closely when she speaks; sometimes out of fear, but mostly out of respect for her knowledge.
Jen has worked with all kinds of people, and really understands the body, the way it works, and why certain movements are better for certain people.
She likes to run a fun, safe, and functional gym... her "Tips of the Day," will help all of us be better CrossFitters, friends, and athletes in the long haul.
So listen up folks... and maybe we can all learn a little something!!
Tip of the Day:
"Encourage and cheer for your peeps! But please... don't coach.
Let the coach take care of that.
Keep your cues and ideas of what will help your peeps in your head and I promise I wont show up at your place of work and try to do your job.
If the coach wants your help with coaching she/he will ask you for your help.
We know your intentions are heartfelt, but please restrain and show your love in other ways!!
Encouragement and cheering is the magic that helps people get through WODs and lifts!
If you're done before others (without getting in the way) get your pom poms in the air and cheer like you just don't care!" - Jen
No comments:
Post a Comment