Friday, January 20, 2012

Tap, Tap, Tap... Is This Thing On?


"I have started and stopped countless exercise programs
and gym memberships over the years.

Nothing seemed
to keep me motivated.

Nothing made me want to go back.

I felt like I was losing myself; not the part that is a mom,
wife or friend; but the part of me that used to be confident
in my body and what it could do.

I found myself trapped -
actually hiding from things I love to do and used to be good at.

A friend told me about CrossFit in Canton and how much she loved it, so I decided to give it a try.

When I walked through the door there were no mirrors, no endless lines of machines and no front desk to scan anything.

What I did find, however, was a supportive group of welcoming nonjudgmental individuals.

You check yourself in by walking throught the door, writing your name on the wall and finding a spot on the floor among the other CrossFitters.

Workouts are posted on a board each day which eliminates the guesswork and pressure.

My coach, Jen, guides me step-by-step through the workout from beginning to end.

She is always there to answer any questions and has gotten to know me a little more each day.

I have never found this at any other gym.

She wants to be there, she gets it.

For the past 6 weeks I have faithfully showed up and worked hard.

When I am done I have accomplished more than simply finishing a workout; it feels like one more step in the right direction.

I am so glad I gave CrossFit a try.

Come out and find me because I am done hiding. This one's for me."

- Anonymous

2 comments: