
I actually see people shaking there heads in frustration during WODs.
In their head I'm guessing they are saying things like, "I can't do another rep, I'm sucking at this WOD, I'm not getting any better at this."
The cue of the day is grin and bear it...keep moving.
I hate the phrase "self talk," so let's call it an interpersonal chat.
Change the thoughts in your head to other things!
Here are a few suggestions, not mandatory.
1. Just count.
2. Don't think, Move!
3. I'm here... keep moving.
4. Look how funny Jen and Brian look when they don't think we are looking.
5. Liz is a good dancer!
6. This is fun, this is fun, this is fun.
7. I don't care I'm doing this!
8. I have sweat running down my... (fill in the blank)
9. Why is Jen dancing that way?
10. It's NOT HEAVY, YOU ARE NOT TIRED!
Find a way to not say negative things to yourself, this is a workout, just one WOD!
Be kind to yourself! Have Fun!
- Jen Conlin
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI totally needed this.
ReplyDeleteAnd when all else fails ... LISTEN to your WODmates cheering you on.
I would not have gotten through Jeremy without JLaing cheering me on telling me I could do it!!
One of my personal favorites that Jen hollers... "YOU CAN REST WHEN YOU'RE DEAD!"
ReplyDeleteJust keep telling yourself..."if this was easy, everyone would be doing it"
ReplyDelete--Anonymous--